- Community Action SchoolEffective teachers train students to be independent thinkers
and life-long learners.
- 2nd Annual Friends of CAS Fundraiser - 3/6/18Contact Trisha Portillo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Applicants for the 2018-19 School YearCHECK OUR CALENDAR FOR UPCOMING OPEN HOUSES AND TOUR DATES!
- 7th Grade Student - Mahbuba Hasan at the MoMAMahbuba Hasan from 7C was selected for the Manhattan Borough Arts Festival. Her self portrait 'Life as a Proud Muslim' was shown in the MoMA last June. Her artwork has now been donated to the Board of Ed. Collection! Congrats Mahbuba!
The Community Action School (CAS) was founded in 1994 with the vision of creating a rigorous and supportive program for an academically diverse community of learners. Our teaching staff are highly dedicated and make themselves available to students and teachers, during and after school. They are trained and committed to ensuring that every student is challenged in order to achieve their full academic, social, and emotional potential.
Calendar Full Calendar
- March 21, 2018PTA MeetingPTA Meeting
The meeting begins at 6:30P.M.
- March 23, 2018Student/Staff Basketball GameThe annual student/staff basketball game will take place on Friday, March 23rd! If you are part of the CAS basketball team, you'll be playing alongside your teachers! Your teachers and peers need your support! BE SURE TO COME WATCH!
7th Grade Camping Trip!
Every year our 7th grade class heads upstate to Clearpool Education Center in Carmel, NY for a three-day and two-night educational camping experience. Please visit our camping page (coming soon) for more information, camping forms, photos, and more!